Here at Jeannine Marie Photography, we have seen a lot of fun Minnesota wedding trends so far in 2018! But which trends will stick around for a while? Check out our list of favorites to find out:
- Greenery is all the rage right now! Couples are opting for more greens and less blooms within the personal flowers and floral decor. This vision is especially appealing for indoor weddings as couples create an “outside on the inside” look.
- Centerpieces are starting to move away from lanterns to geometric vases filled with fresh blooms, greenery, and candles.
- Lighting can make a difference at any venue. Some couples are choosing to add cafe lights to their reception room or even to their outdoor ceremony. Other couples are upping their lighting game by hiring expert lighting designers to create impressive patterns and colors throughout the venue.
- Rose gold decor is replacing the traditional gold! From rose gold bud vases and decor to rose gold chargers and plates, this shade of metallic is the new way to go!
- Balloons are a simple yet fun way to decorate, especially for backdrops. Some couples are even choosing to include balloons as part of their centerpieces.
- For grooms, navy suits are the new black! Many grooms and groomsmen are also pairing their navy suits with a different color tie, vest, or even some fun socks!
- For brides, we’re noticing two common dress trends. The first is a modern, romantic lace A-line gown with stunning details in the back. The second wedding dress trend is a fun and flirty style with a flowy, light skirt. These types of dresses often include pockets!
- For bridesmaids, many brides are choosing to dress their ladies in blush, burgundy, or champagne dresses.
- Floral crowns are very popular for not just the bride, but also for the bridesmaids and flower girls!
- A lot more couples are choosing to have ladies and fellas on both sides of the wedding party. We’re seeing the groomsladies wearing either a black gown that’s similar to the bridesmaids gowns or even wearing the same thing as the bridesmaids. Some groomsladies are even rocking a feminine pants suit to match the groomsmen. On the other side, we’re seeing bridesmen wearing suits that match the groomsmen but with a tie and pocketsquare combo that match the bridesmaids’ dresses.
- If you’re going to do a wedding cake, non-traditional wedding flavors are the way to go! Couples want to give their guests something new to try so they’re choosing more creative flavor palettes along with multiple flavor options to surprise guests with!
- While many couples choose to have a bride and groom cake to cut, they are opting for dessert buffets instead of just serving cake or cupcakes. These dessert tables tend to be filled with a fun variety of different goodies and flavors. From dessert shooters to mini desserts to macarons to cake pops, there’s guaranteed to be something that every guest will enjoy.
- Not a fan of cake? Pies are a fun way to go and we have been seeing a lot more pie tables lately! There are so many fun pie flavors you can draw inspiration from, as well as different styles of displaying pies. There are full pies, mini pies, pies on a stick, fun-shaped mini pies, etc… It’s a nice break from cake!
- Donuts are here to stay! While donut walls were a huge up and coming trend, we still see fun donut displays! While we’re seeing less donut walls, we are seeing more tier trays decorated with different donut flavors and designs. There are also more donut holes and donut skewers, sometimes even paired with fruit!
- Food trucks are huge right now. Even in the Twin Cities, the summer has been packed with entire festivals centered around food trucks. Couples are noticing this growing popularity and are hiring their favorite local food trucks to serve dinner or even a late night snack option.
- More couples are opting for unique, unconventional Twin Cities wedding venues to hold both their ceremony and reception. Venues like the Science Museum of Minnesota, James J. Hill Center, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, U.S. Bank Stadium, Minnesota Zoo, and local breweries are just a few examples of fun venues that couples are looking into instead of a traditional event center or venue.
- Couples having more rustic themed weddings are still opting for beautiful barn venues. But this year, we’re seeing more couples look for barn venues with big, open yard space for fun yard games for guests to enjoy. Many of these couples are going for more of a family-friendly atmosphere.
- Historical venues are getting a lot more attention this year! We’re noticing this more so with weddings that have a large number of out of town guests in order to give them a taste of Minnesota history. Couples are falling in love with local historical wedding venues like Landmark Center, Lumber Exchange Event Center, Minneapolis City Hall, Union Depot, and the many gorgeous mansions throughout the Twin Cities.
- In Minnesota, winter weddings are becoming more popular. Couples are taking advantage of the beautiful snow and off-season vendor pricing! Despite the cold, winter weddings have quite a few advantages such as it’s easier to get a Saturday date in the winter than during the summer or fall. Also, guests are more available during the winter when the summer fun up north and lake season isn’t calling them to be outside. Plus, winter weddings are full of fun ideas that you just can’t have during the summer like fur shawls, Christmas lights, and cute bridal boots!
- Many couples are also choosing Thursday weddings during the busy season. This way, it’s easier to choose a date and get a great discount compared to weekend dates. Guests can take a long weekend off work to enjoy all of the wedding fun!
We hope you’re enjoying these fun Twin Cities wedding trends as much as we have been! We can’t wait to see what our couples come up with the rest of the year. We’re looking forward to all of the new, unique trends the rest of 2018 has to offer! Happy wedding planning!
Are you engaged and looking for an engagement photographer and wedding photographer in Minnesota? If so, contact Jeannine Marie Photography here. Jeannine Marie is serving wedding photography in Minneapolis and St. Paul. She is considered one of the best wedding photographers in Minnesota, featured in multiple publications and listed as one of Minnesota Bride’s “10 Fabulous Local Wedding Photographers.” She is an award-winning wedding photographer and has recently won 2018 ILEA Mpls/St. Paul “Best Event Photography: Wedding”, 2017 Mpls/Stp Magazine Diamond Award: People’s Choice Outstanding Wedding Photography, 2017 Borrowed and Blue Best Wedding Photographer and Most Valuable Vendor, 2017 ILEA Mpls/St. Paul “Best Creative Services – Photography – Wedding”, 2016 Minnesota ISES Star Award: Best Photography, 2015 Mpls/Stp Magazine Diamond Award: People’s Choice Outstanding Wedding Photography and Wedding of the Year, 2015 The Knot Best of Photography, 2015 WeddingWire Couple’s Choice Award, and 2014 Minneapolis Happenings: Best Photography. Book your engagement session or wedding photography today!